Monday, May 6, 2019

Pet Sympathy with Dandelion Wishes

Welcome to my blog!  This week I'm joining the challenge at Just Add Ink:  #455 Sympathy.  This card may not be what they had in mind, but I think it's important to acknowledge grief when a beloved pet passes away.

Update:  May 9, 2019 - Thank you to the design team at Just Add Ink for choosing my design as an Honourable Mention!




This was quick & easy.  The first step is to stamp the dandelion in Versamark ink, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat set.  To avoid warping the cardstock, be sure to hold the heat tool on your card just long enough to melt the embossing powder.


Next, I masked off a 1/2" border along the top & folded edge.  I sponged on Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry & Mango Melody inks.  Read more about how to do this HERE.


The cat was punched from Basic Black cardstock using the Cat Punch.  The butterfly was punched from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper.  This was a free item during Sale-a-Bration.  If you have it, you're in luck (it's no longer available)!   If not, you can stamp and color the butterfly using the Butterfly Gala stamp set.  I brushed the cut-out with Wink of Stella.  The gem was colored with a Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blend marker.


This is the designer paper that my butterfly was punched from.


I hope my friend likes this.  I'll be making some more of these to keep on hand. 



Product List

Be sure to visit the Just Add Ink Challenge Blog for more ideas!




7 comments:

  1. The contrast of bright colour to black cat is so striking Pat, and the butterfly is a lovely whimsical touch! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card - I really like how you have combined the silhouette and emboss resist on the one card, it is very effective. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card and congrats on being picked at JAI. I have to make one today for the loss of our extended family's puppy. I will be CASEing your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, glad you are able to use this idea. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete