Thursday, May 9, 2019

Floral Floating Frame Card

Welcome to my blog!  Today I'm showing how I created a Floating Frame card using the Oh So Eclectic stamp set.


This was so much fun to make.  I watched Jennifer McGuire's YouTube video to get the basics then ran with it.  Here are the steps to create my version:


I began by stamping and die-cutting these images from the Oh So Eclectic stamp set.  My colors are Balmy Blue, Grapefruit Grove & Lemon-Lime Twist.  I've arranged them close together on a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock.  They are not adhered to the cardstock - just laying freely on top of it.


Next, carefully lay a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal (available at most grocery stores) over the images to hold them in place.  Trim the edges even with the edge of the cardstock.


I used a stitched rectangle to cut out the center.


Now it's time to remove the white cardstock piece.  The Press 'n Seal stays adhered to the die-cuts, you are only removing the cardstock backing.


This is the back of the die-cuts, still held in place by the Press 'n Seal.  The Dimensionals will make the die-cuts "float" on the finished card.


Here's my frame attached to the card front using the Dimensionals.  After you have the frame stuck down, it's time to carefully pull off the Press 'n Seal.


This is how I finished the inside of my floating frame card.


This is the finished card...I used my Stampin' Blends to color some rhinestone jewels and placed them in the empty spaces, added a simple twine bow, and mounted it on a Balmy Blue mat.

Nothing wasted...


With the leftover center I was able to create a second card using the same method.  I added a frame made from Whisper White Thick cardstock using 2 Rectangle Stitched Framelits. 


Here's the inside of the second card.


The images from Oh So Eclectic are perfect for creating a floating frame card!  They have a lovely watercolor look...this is one of the many stamp sets retiring on June 3 (or when supplies are exhausted).  


Here's another floating frame card created with butterflies I punched out from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper.  Although it looks beautiful finished, this one tried my patience!  Fewer, larger images are definitely the way to go with this technique.

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies used in creating the Floral Floating Frame card, please follow the links below to go to my online store.


Product List


4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I saw that technique done earlier, and you've perfected it! I am going to have to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne! I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Oooo these are awesome! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete