Friday, July 21, 2023

Crafting With You - Quilt Cards

Let me begin by saying I Don't Sew.  Not a stitch.  So it's kind of funny that I've become obsessed with making quilt cards, but that's how it is.  







#tictactoechallenge
#tttc219



I've made a dozen of these cards so far and I'm not done yet.  They are a little tedious, but totally addictive!  I love going through all of my designer papers and choosing colors & patterns to mix together.

Each card starts with at least two 1-1/2" squares of designer paper.  Each square gets cut into 8 triangles-like this:




#1 - Line up the squares on the cutting track of your paper trimmer to make the first cut.  I hold them in place with Post-It Note Tape.  Photo #2 shows the squares after the first cut.

Continue cutting each triangle as shown in photo #3.  Repeat until you have 8 triangles (photo #4).

Assembly:

 Each square is assembled on a 1-1/2" square of Basic White cardstock.  Attach 4 triangles in the pattern shown, using a little liquid glue.




To make this design, you will make 4 identical 1-1/2" squares as shown in the tutorial.  Cut a 3" square of Basic White cardstock and adhere the 4 squares to it with the edges butted together. 


For this star design, you'll adhere one completed square to the center of the 3" square of Basic White and arrange 8 more triangles around the center square.  The magic happens when you emboss it!  I love this embossing folder, it adds so much texture to this project.


The layer behind the quilt square is a 3-1/4" square in a coordinating color of your choice.  The white layer behind that is a 3-3/4" square, also embossed.  The last layer is a 4" square in a coordinating color.

The sewing machine is stamped in Gray Granite, one of my favorite neutral colors.  The strip of fabric in the machine is 1/2" wide, angled on both ends.


This one is decorated a little differently with the basket of threads and scissors.  These are all included in the Crafting With You dies.


Product List






15 comments:

  1. What a fun and clever idea Pat - I have a quilting friend who would adore this :) I love the little die-cut embellishments with the sentiments at the bottom of your 'quilts'. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! I have several quilting friends in mind for these cards :)

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous! Thanks for the instructions!!! Much easier than a real quilt, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this card design. You are very creative to figure this out. I will be trying this for my quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must make these. I left quilt making for card making 6 years ago but still have tons of friends who quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing the instructions, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for this amazing post on how you make your quilted cards which are so pretty!! I'm bookmarking it for future reference! so pleased you shared this with us at TicTacToe this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for the directions!! I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your cards! With this folder they look so much like a quilt! I want to make some! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are adorable! Must give them a try!! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are awesome! I love them and can't wait to make a few!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had fun making these quilted cards. Cheated a bit by using my silhouette machine to cut the squares and triangles! So easy! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete