Monday, April 29, 2019

Dandelion Wishes #simplestamping

So whimsical...


Dandelion Wishes is just plain fun!  I made this one-layer card in several colors with varying sentiments and they're all beautiful.  My background is a simple sponging technique, described below.


The card base is Thick Whisper White, cut 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4".  I laid it out on grid paper both to protect my work surface and make it easy to mask off straight lines.  The grid paper is 1/4", so you can line up your card with the center scoreline and top edge on gridlines then mask off 2 rows to make a 1/2" edge on your card front.

I use Delicate Surface Painter's Tape for this technique.  Before putting it down on my cardstock, I stick it down & peel it up a couple of times on my grid paper to take away a little bit of the stickiness.  You still need to peel it off slowly & carefully so as not to damage the cardstock.


I cut my Stampin' sponges into 4 pieces to make them easier to work with.



This one is sponged with 3 colors.  On every card, I started with the lightest shade, working it gently across the card from the upper left corner to the lower right.  I finish with the darkest shade, concentrating it in the upper left corner.



After dabbing your sponge on the ink pad, be sure to always start sponging on the grid paper and move onto the card front to avoid the dreaded "blob"!



I changed up the sentiments - this one is from Incredible Like You.



The dandelions and sentiments were stamped with Gray Granite & Basic Gray.  A single gem finishes off each card.  

As you can see, this image works with a variety of sentiments!


Product List

Thanks for stopping by today!







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and simple. Thank you for the instructions. Love these@

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. Always looking for new ways to use what I have. Thanks

    ReplyDelete