Monday, May 13, 2019

Emboss Resist with Butterfly Gala

Welcome to my blog!  Today I'm sharing a card I created using the Emboss Resist technique, an oldie but goodie-


I used Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay & Highland Heather on my card.  Love the way these colors blend together!


The process for emboss resist is simple - you trap the white cardstock by embossing so that it resists the colors you sponge over it.


First step is to rub the Embossing Buddy over your cardstock.  Then stamp the butterflies in Versamark ink.  Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the entire sheet, tap off the excess and set it with the Heat Tool.


Once you've embossed the butterflies, now comes the fun.  As you randomly sponge colors onto the cardstock, the butterflies show up brilliant white.  


The card front is 3-3/4" x 5", mounted on a 4" x 5-1/4" mat cut from Highland Heather cardstock.  The interesting die-cut shape is part of the Hummingbird Framelits.


If you would like to purchase any of the products to recreate this card, please shop at my online store by clicking any of the links below:


Product List
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment