Thursday, May 16, 2019

Lift Me Up - Balloons at Sunrise

Welcome to my blog - I hope you find great ideas & inspiration here!

This card has been a lot of fun to create.  I love making beautiful backgrounds using my stamps, and Waterfront is one of my favorites for this.




When I designed this card, I was envisioning sunrise over an island as viewed from the water.  I started with the sun - a sticky note with a circle cut out makes a perfect mask.  I sponged on Daffodil Delight with a bit of Lovely Lipstick to darken the edges.  


Then I removed the mask and added the water & mountains.  Next I used the circle I had cut from the sticky note to cover the sun and sponged more Daffodil Delight around the outside and some Pool Party.  With both of these colors, I sponged them on darker toward the bottom of the scene and lighter as I went up.  The last step in creating the background was to stamp the 3 Pool Party streaks in the sky.  The darkest one is stamped in full-strength Pool Party and the other 2 are stamped off.


About the balloons...


I stamped one balloon in each of the 4 colors in the challenge.  They are embossed to give them a beautiful shine. 

How it's done...


One at a time, I stamped each balloon using my Stamparatus.  Without moving the cardstock or the stamp, I swiped the image with my Embossing Buddy, and stamped the image a second time with Versamark ink.  Then I sprinkled the image with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder & set it with the Heat Tool.  Just another reason you need a Stamparatus - the ability to emboss in any color!


Before adhering the balloons, I used my Stamparatus to perfectly place the sentiment where I wanted it.  I'm so happy to have this awesome tool - if I created a beautiful piece like this then goofed up stamping the sentiment, I'd be crying all over my craft table!

The red balloon is attached with Stampin' Dimensionals and the the others are adhered with liquid glue.  I hope you like it!

Lift Me Up and the matching dies are only available while supplies last - they are retiring at the end of the current catalog on June 3!  This has been one of my favorites.  If it's one of yours too, be sure to order soon to avoid being disappointed!

Product List

Be sure to visit the Paper Players blog for more inspiration using these colors!

Please leave a note - I love to read your comments!




6 comments:

  1. Pat your morning sunrise scene with those colourful balloons is just perfect! The sponging of the sun is beautiful and your card makes me wish I was there floating away! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JoAnne. You chose lovely colors to work with!

      Delete
  2. Wow.. love the scene you created..so perfect! Clever use of the colors for the challenge! Thanks for playing along this week with The Paper Players color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a lovely card, especially with the embossed balloons! Such an "uplifting" creation! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for choosing my card as your Headliner! I am honored.

      Delete