Monday, May 20, 2019

Humming Along - Fun with Watercolor

Welcome to my blog!  Today I'm sharing a card I created using a watercolor technique with the Humming Along Bundle..


The images in this stamp set are perfect for watercoloring.  I used my Aqua Painter with Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue & Night of Navy inks.  

Did you know...


No ink refills?  No problem!  You can take an acrylic block, press it onto your inkpad then take the ink directly from the block, which becomes your palette.



 For the background, I made a light wash in the center of the card with Balmy Blue.  When that was dry, I took a drop of Night of Navy ink mixed with a little water and used an old toothbrush and a table knife to flick spots of it across the page.


This card has a lot of bling!  The hummingbird & hibiscus are brushed with Wink of Stella, in addition to Silver Metallic Thread and some self-adhesive sequins.  The hummingbird & the sentiment are mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

The Humming Along Bundle is only available until June 3 (or while supplies last).  The Hummingbird Framelits dies have 2 unique elements that make it a great set to own - specifically the beautiful die-cut pattern on the card front and the lovely shape that the sentiment is stamped on.

To purchase any of the products used to create this card, please click any of the links below to be redirected to my online store.


Product List

Thanks for visiting my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment