Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Tall Card

Welcome to my blog!

Sometimes a standard A2 sized card isn't quite right to show off all the features of a favorite stamp set like Lift Me Up, so today I've created a tall card:


This card is 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" (cut your cardstock 7" x 8-1/2", score at 3-1/2").  It's the perfect size & shape to showcase all the different balloon sizes in the Up & Away Thinlits.

All the details...


The colors are Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Grapefruit Grove and Real Red.  The card base is sponged all over with Balmy Blue.  The clouds are embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.  The largest balloon and clouds are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.



"Every cloud has a silver lining" - love the shine these clouds get from the embossing powder.  


This explains how to assemble the beautiful detailed balloon die-cut.


Obviously, a non-standard card requires a non-standard envelope.  I used the Envelope Punch Board to make this colorful envelope that coordinates with my card.  I'm surprised that Stampin' Up chose to retire this punch board, but nobody asked me, lol!  I used a retired designer paper for the envelope.  It's a good weight, and a good way to use up leftover papers.

Product List

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  The Envelope Punch Board will be gone soon, as will Lift Me Up and the Up & Away Thinlits, so order yours soon to avoid disappointment!







No comments:

Post a Comment