Thursday, May 2, 2019

Beautiful You for GDP187

This week's Theme Challenge at Global Design Project is to create a beautiful landscape.  I love creating beach scenes - I'm a beach girl at heart - so this was an easy one for me.  I'm happy to add that this card was chosen as a GDP Winner - see all the winning entries here.


Here's the GDP banner that inspired this challenge:


How can I re-create this card?


It's really pretty easy.  Follow along as I break it down step by step:


You'll need a pad of Post-it notes with the stickiness all over - not just a strip at the top.  


I start with a piece of Whisper White cardstock 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (1/4 of a sheet).  You can trim it down later to the finished size.


Any scrap cardstock works for the mask.  Cut it the same size as your card front (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") and die-cut a circle.  My circle for this design is 3-1/4".   Carefully fussy-cut your image stamped on the Post-it note & use it to mask the image on the card front.


Add color using sponge daubers.  I started at the bottom and worked my way up, starting with Crumb Cake, then a combination of Pool Party & Pacific Point, and finally Daffodil Delight.


The waves from High Tide are stamped in Pacific Point after sponging the other colors.


It's almost magical when you remove the masks.  What looked like a mess is now a work of art!


I used my Stamparatus to perfectly position the sentiment and the seagulls.  The seagulls are stamped in Gray Granite.  Some sand dollar die-cuts in the opposite corner balance things out.  I couldn't be happier with the way this card turned out!  So much so that I made several of them, all with different colors on the dress and different sentiments.  

I hope you'll visit the Global Design Project page to get inspired by all the wonderful cards on display there!

Product List

Happening now...



Many of your favorite products will be gone soon...click the banner to shop now!


Subscribe by May 10 to get this very special Paper Pumpkin kit inspired by Shelli Gardner, our board chair & cofounder.  Click the banner to subscribe today!


Click the banner to view this new Product Medley available only during the month of May.


No comments:

Post a Comment