Thursday, May 21, 2020

Designer Paper Fun Fold

Hi Friends,

I want to show you a fun, easy way to use your Designer Paper on cards.  This fun fold card uses a half sheet, so if you've got a large stash of DSP, it's a great way to use it up!  I'm all about using what I have (mainly so I can justify buying more, lol).  But who am I kidding?  I don't need a reason to buy more craft supplies other than the fact that I love them.


This card was inspired by Patty Bennett.  She showed a group of these cards made from Ornate Garden DSP and they were gorgeous!

One thing I love about this fold is that it shows off both sides of the paper.  This particular paper is from the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper.  The embossed black circle & the poppy die-cut image are included with the Peaceful Poppies Elements.





View from the top

The recipe for this card is super simple.  Cut a piece of  Designer Paper 5-1/4" x 11-3/4".  Score at 1-3/4", 4-3/4" & 7-3/4".  Accordion fold & add to a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base.  

There are a couple of different ways to make this card.  On the example above, I used Snail adhesive to adhere the center fold of the Designer Paper closed.


On this one, I didn't seal the center fold so it opens completely, like this:


You could add more elements to the panel adjacent to the white rectangle but I chose to leave it empty on this one.  This is one of my all-time fave designer papers and I love being able to show it off with this fold!




One more idea.  I like the Old Olive, Calypso Coral & Petal Pink color combo on this one.  The sentiment is a single (retired) stamp.  There are a couple of ways to get 2 colors on one stamp.  For both, I would recommend using the Stamparatus positioning tool.  

Easy way to get 2 colors on one stamp-

Position the stamp on the Stamparatus and color the different parts using Stampin' Write markers.  Stamp it on the cardstock.  If it's not dark enough, repeat the process and stamp again.  Because you're using the Stamparatus, it will line up perfectly.

A different way to get 2 colors on one stamp -

This is a bit fussier but not difficult.  It's a good option if you don't have markers in the colors you want to use but you do have the ink pads.  Position the stamp on the Stamparatus.  Cover the section of the stamp that you want to make a different color with a piece of washi tape.  Ink the stamp and remove the washi tape, then stamp it on the cardstock.  Carefully clean the stamp (be careful not to move it out of position on the Stamparatus).  Now cover the parts you already stamped with washi tape, leaving the unstamped section exposed.  Ink it up in the different color, remove the washi tape & stamp on the cardstock.

 Products used on these three cards:
Thanks for stopping by today!



1 comment: