Monday, May 18, 2020

Set Sail in the Direction of Your Dreams #PP491

Hi Friends,

Welcome to my blog!  Today I'm taking a new look at an old favorite stamp set, Sailing Home.


I was inspired by this challenge from the Paper Players:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I paired Sailing Home with another stamp set, Artisan Textures, to create the background.  I've been using Artisan Textures a lot lately to add interest & texture to my cards.  I'm really pleased with this abstract sunset!


Artisan Textures has just 5 images. I used the largest image first, stamping it twice in Seaside Spray to create the water and once in Mango Melody for the sunset.  Then I went back and stamped the smaller image in Night of Navy over the lighter blue and Terracotta Tile over the sunset.


The sailboat is stamped in Night of Navy.  I added a little extra color to the hull to give it more definition using my Light Night of Navy Stampin' Blends marker.

I love this sentiment.  This card would be perfect for anyone starting a new chapter in their lives...graduation, retirement, new job, new boat!  We made this card at one of my classes where someone suggested it would be a good post-divorce card...leave me a comment if you have any other ideas!


The sailboat & sentiment are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Sailing Home has 2 bird stamps in it, but the birds on this card are from a stamp set called High Tide.  No special reason except that this particular bird stamp has been my go-to for a while now and I forgot about the others!


Product List


Thanks for stopping by today!




5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Pat! I love the background you created...the abstract sunset is amazing. What a great way to combine stamp sets. Thank you for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I am in love with your background! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! That background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a glorious background and seascape! I love how you combined the Artisan textures then layered on the sailboat images. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a gorgeous background! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete