Thursday, May 7, 2020

Beautiful Moments for Mother's Day

Hi friends, welcome to my blog!

As soon as I saw the Beautiful Moments stamp set in the Stampin' Up catalog, I knew that I wanted to use it for Mother's Day.


Isn't that such a sweet image?  All of the images in this stamp set are gorgeous...



To create this card I tried something new (to me) by stamping the image on vellum cardstock and coloring on the reverse side of the vellum with Stampin' Blends.  The vellum image is then mounted on a background that I created by sponging Crumb Cake & Balmy Blue onto Whisper White cardstock.  I used a very light spritz of spray adhesive on the back of the vellum to adhere it.


Some things I learned about stamping & coloring on vellum...


It takes a long time for ink to dry on vellum.  Seriously.  Stamp the image, set it aside & go vacuum your entire house or apartment.  Then do the laundry.  By then the ink will probably be dry enough to flip over and color.

Also, when you're creating the background, sponge the color on very lightly.  Too dark and it will show through the vellum, altering the coloring on your image.  Specifically, your mother & daughter will have blue arms instead of the flesh tone you intended.



Beautiful Moments is carrying over into the new Stampin' Up catalog coming in June, so if you don't have it yet, no worries!

Product List
Have a nice weekend!


2 comments:

  1. could you share the dimensions to this lovely card. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Here are the layers in order from largest to smallest. The card base is Balmy Blue 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4". Night of Navy 3-3/4" x 5"; Whisper White 3-5/8" x 4-7/8"; Night of Navy 2-7/8" x 3-7/8"; Whisper White & Vellum 2-3/4" x 3-3/4".

    ReplyDelete