Monday, May 4, 2020

Fun Fold For Fab Friday

Hi Friends,

Today I've created a Fun Fold for Fab Friday - try saying that 3 times fast!  I used a stamp set called Grandma's House in the challenge colors:


The challenge colors are perfect for this card.  I love the versatility of Grandma's House and all the great sentiments it has:



The delicate lace mat reminds me of my Grandma...she had lace doilies all over her house.  I'm more of a modern Grammy but I still like the lace on this card!


An easel card is one of the easiest folds to create.  The base is 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 2-3/4" & 5-1/2".  The card front is a separate piece - I used Pool Party here - attached to the base.  The trick to make it stand up is the die-cut on the flat section of the card mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals to create a raised spot for the card to rest.


I embossed the images with clear embossing powder to make it easier to color inside the delicate lines on this stamp.  By using the Stamparatus positioning tool, you can emboss in any color.  Position your stamp on the Stamparatus & stamp in any color you like.  Then gently clean the stamp without removing it, re-ink it with Versamark, and stamp again.  The stamps will line up perfectly.  Then you can add your clear embossing powder & heat set the images.  I colored the images with my ink pads & Blender Pens.


Grandma's House is on the list of retiring stamps.  I'm glad I have it, as I have a lot of friends I can send this card to!

Product List
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out all the other lovely cards at Fab Friday!


6 comments:

  1. Pat, this is so clean and gorgeous! Love that lacy background, your simple and perfect flowers, and sweet sentiments! Truly lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect use of our colors! Those flowers are darling and your lace background is perfect (I can never get mine to cut cleanly!!). Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I use the precision base plate, die brush & paper piercing tool to cut the lace. It's not something you do in a hurry, lol!

      Delete
  3. So sweet! Love that lacy background, perfect for your design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for leaving comments and for choosing my card as one of your Fab Faves! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete