Thursday, June 20, 2019

Fancy Fold with Good Morning Magnolia-THIS IS THE ONE!

Welcome to my blog!  It's been a while since I've tried any fancy folds, but I was inspired by the beautiful cards my team members created for our recent card swap.  Off to Pinterest to see what I could find!  What I came up with was this Interlocking Gatefold Card by Dawn Griffith.  I LOVE this fold - I have so many ideas for ways to use it.


I love how this card looks and how easy it is to make!  The base is Petal Pink, cut 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 (1/2 sheet of cardstock).  Score the long edge at 2-1/8" and fold.  Take the other side and fold it in so the edges meet perfectly in the middle and crease with your bone folder.


The oval ring is cut using the largest of the Layering Ovals Framelits, skip the next size, then use the third size to cut the inside.  The stamped oval is cut with the same die.  The magnolia is colored with Petal Pink & Mossy Meadow blends, leaving the tips of the petals white.  I brushed the petals with Clear Wink of Stella to make them shimmer.


The card inside is Whisper White cut to 4" x 5-1/4".  The 2 Whisper White panels on the front are 2" x 5-3/8" and the designer paper is 1-7/8" x 5-1/4".


This is an easy card to mass produce.  I think it looks beautiful with any "scripty" font.  Not sure if that's a word, but it should be :-)  Wouldn't this make a gorgeous invitation for a wedding shower?

Product List
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

  1. Oils you tell me what set you used for the words and greeting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiments on the front & inside are from a stamp set called “Enjoy Life”.

    ReplyDelete