Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Best Catch

Welcome to my blog!

My hubby has a birthday coming up soon, so I've been working on a card to celebrate his special day.  Being a fan of fishing and boating, Best Catch is perfect!


I just love the way this fish looks larger than life!  I stamped him on watercolor paper and colored him with Old Olive, Coastal Cabana & Cajun Craze using an AquaPainter.  I transformed the fish into an embellishment by adding a second layer of watercolor paper to the back and embossing with Clear Embossing Powder!  Credit goes to Tammy Shaia of Be Creative Stamping for this idea.


The sentiment is embossed with Copper Embossing Powder.  To create the scene, I first stamped the fisherman with Early Espresso.  Then I used sponge daubers to add Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay for the water.  The darker Bermuda Bay patch in the water is stamped with one of the images from Waterfront.  The trees around the edge of the lake (also from Waterfront) are stamped with Old Olive.


I added another fish on the inside - to get the two-tone effect I sponged Old Olive & Coastal Cabana directly onto my stamp.


Of course I had to add yet another fish to the envelope - no naked envelopes here!


Product List

Best Catch is found on page 150 in the NEW CATALOG!  Yup, as of today we have a brand-new catalog full of gorgeous stamps and everything to go along with them. 


06-01-19_catalogpage_ac_launch_engjp

Click this image to shop the new catalog

Thanks for visiting my blog today!






No comments:

Post a Comment