Monday, June 10, 2019

Free as a Bird

Welcome to my blog!  What beautifully detailed images you'll find in Stampin' Up's Free as a Bird stamp set.  They are perfect for coloring, or not!  I turned this little birdie into a Bluebird of Happiness :)


I love simplicity.  A good design doesn't need a lot of extra embellishments!  The sketch challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch (CTS #325) was the inspiration for this card.



The card front is a piece of Thick Whisper White 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".  The stitched rectangle die that I used is 3-1/8" x 4-1/2" O.D.  I laid the die on the card front and marked the inside with a light pencil line to see where to stamp.


I stamped the main image first, then added the 5 flowers.  Next I colored the bird, cut out the rectangle and used the Subtle Embossing Folder to add texture to the outside perimeter of the card.


The sentiment is embossed in white and popped up on Dimensionals.

Free as a Bird is part of the Bird Ballad Suite - there are beautiful designer papers, dies, lace trim, laser-cut cards and trinkets that coordinate with this stamp set.  Be sure to check them all out!

Product List
Thanks for stopping by today!





No comments:

Post a Comment