Thursday, October 22, 2020

Playful Pets Fun Arrow Fold

 

I love a good fun fold card, and this is one of the best!  I was inspired by a card made by Marta Jones, a demonstrator on my team.  She introduced us to this fold at our last team card swap!  You can see how she used the arrow fold for Christmas by following this link.

The paw prints are one of the dies (not a stamp!) included in the Playful Pets Suite.  They are so cute!  

This card is easy to make.  Here is the card base:

This is a standard A2 card - 1/2 sheet of cardstock scored & folded at 4-1/4".  On the card front, measure and make a pencil mark in the center along both sides and the bottom edge, as shown here.  Score 4 lines as indicated.  Fold and burnish each scoreline with your bone folder.  Red lines are mountain folds; blue lines are valley folds.  Adhere the folds so they stay together without unfolding using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.


The designer paper to decorate your card is cut at 4" x 5-1/4".  Find the center of the bottom edge at 2-5/8" and cut as shown.  That gives you 3 pieces - the center piece decorates the front flap of the card and the other 2 pieces go on the inside.  I turned over the 2 smaller pieces and used the back side of the paper for more contrast on my cards.

The paper for the inside of my card where the sentiment is stamped is cut exactly the same as shown here using Whisper White cardstock.  You'll use the large center section and the 2 smaller pieces can be saved for another project. 

The cute pup is cut from the designer paper using one of the dies in the bundle.  I mounted him on a piece of black cardstock before cutting so he would be sturdier.  The sentiment is embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder on a piece of Real Red cardstock.



For this last card, I stamped the pup and colored him with my Stampin' Blends.  

The Playful Pets Suite has cute images of dogs and cats in both the stamp set and the coordinating designer paper.  

The Playful Pets Designer Series Paper is on sale through October 31 for only $9.78, along with 14 other beautiful patterns!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  If you would like to purchase any of the supplies mentioned here to make your own cards, please click any of the links below to go to my online store.  I appreciate your support!


Product List





2 comments:

  1. I love this fold! Love this DSP! Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on mounting the image on additional cardstock.
    So cute!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete