Thursday, April 25, 2019

Spring Bouquet with Gingham

When Spring hits the craft room...





I was inspired by this combination of colors together on my desk.   Here's a closer look at the bouquet:


I stamped the stems first then added 3 of the small purple flower bunches floating above the ends of the stems.  I also stamped the 2 small purple flowers at the bottom of the bouquet.  Everything else was stamped and die-cut.  For the 2 large yellow flowers, I stamped them once in Daffodil Delight using the Stamparatus, then added some Grapefruit Grove to the center of the stamp with a sponge dauber and stamped a second time.  You can read a more detailed explanation of this technique HERE.

Everything is adhered with liquid glue except for the 3 flowers that are popped up with Dimensionals.


The frame was cut with my Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used the largest one, skipped the next size then used the third largest to cut out the inside.  I cut a second one from thick Whisper White cardstock and glued them together to give the gingham paper more stiffness, and also raise it off the card front slightly.


With or without the gingham frame?  My informal Facebook poll showed a definite preference for the Highland Heather frame.  Leave me a comment to let me know what you think!

If you love the gingham, be sure to stock up now.  It's available until June 3 (while supplies last)!




Product List
Have a great day,


No comments:

Post a Comment