Monday, August 27, 2018

Military Thank You Cards

Two of my team members have a nephew currently serving in the military, so this month we are making cards of gratitude and support for his platoon.  I don't have any stamps that are specifically for military cards, so I had to get creative and think outside the box!


I used my Stamparatus with a wreath template to create this design.  You can read the details of how this works on my previous blog post HERE.  My colors used in this design are Real Red, Whisper White & Blueberry Bushel.  The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy.  The background of the card is embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder.  It reminds me of a flag waving in the breeze, don't you think?


The stamp used to make this wreath is a trio of stars from Balloon Celebration.  I stamped it 8 times in Blueberry Bushel, then rotated the stamp 180 degrees and moved it to stamp the red stars in the gaps between the blue.


This illustrates how the red & blue stars are stamped in opposite directions.  Keep in mind that you stamp all 8 of one color first without ever moving the stamp; then you move the stamp once and stamp 8 more in the second color.  





The sentiment is from the Painted Harvest Stamp Set.


The beautiful die-cut bow is from the Stitched Seasons Framelits.  The center pieces of the bow are designed to pop out, but I wanted a more solid bow for this project so I chose to keep them in place,




Product List

Don't forget about Bonus Days - every $50 spent in August earns you a $5 coupon to use in September!  Perfect timing for the 2018 Holiday Catalog - ordering begins September 5!



Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment