Friday, July 20, 2018

Stamparatus Technique - Making Wreaths

I may have mentioned this before, but I love my Stamparatus.  It took me a while to start using it (old habits die hard) but once I did, I find myself using it each time I stamp.  One of the things it does so easily is stamping patterns.  Did you know you can take any flower stamp and turn it into a wreath?


This wreath was made using a single flower from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.  I used 2 colors for the solid image, Mango Melody & Flirty Flamingo.  The outlines are stamped in Pumpkin Pie & Berry Burst.  The leaves are my favorite green, Lemon Lime Twist.


This is a super fun card to make (and quick, too).  Follow along as I guide you through the steps:


First you'll need to create a template from a 6" x 6" piece of cardstock.  For this step I used a piece of generic heavyweight cardstock from my scrap bin and the largest of the Layering Squares Framelits.


Center the die and cut the first square (1).  Then rotate the die and cut a second square (2).  Your template is ready to use (3).


Cut a square piece of Whisper White cardstock using the same square framelit you used to create the template.  Lay the template on the Stamparatus & place the Whisper White square inside it.  Position your flower stamp and stamp it once (1).  Turn the white cardstock 90 degrees and replace inside the template (2).  Do not reposition your stamp - it stays in the same place until the wreath is completely filled in - only the cardstock moves position.  Repeat stamping and turning the cardstock until you have stamped 4 flowers (3).


Now turn your Whisper White cardstock and place it in the "diamond" shape.  Following the same steps, fill in the white spaces with 4 more flowers in a coordinating color.


The colors I used on this wreath are Coastal Cabana & Highland Heather.  At this point I could have been finished stamping the wreath, but I chose to go around once more and add the matching outline stamp using Gorgeous Grape.

I finished my wreath with a few leaves stamped randomly in Granny Apple Green & Lemon Lime Twist.


And there you have it...clean, simple & quick!


Click this image to purchase your Stamparatus today!

Did you know...


Dynamic embossing folders like the Basket Weave one I used here make extra-deep impressions that can cause your cardstock to crack.  You can avoid that by lightly misting your cardstock with plain water from a Stampin' Spritzer before you place it in the embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot.


Product List
Thanks for stopping by today!

Pat

1 comment: