Monday, November 1, 2021

Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin - Alternative Ideas Part I

 The October 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit has to be one of my favorites of all time!  Here are some ideas I came up with for alternative ways to use this kit.

The card bases in this kit are printed on the front and back.  I began by cutting all of the card bases in half, doubling the number of cards this kit makes from 10 to at least 20.  This one has a mat cut from Real Red on a Basic Gray card base.  Good card for an OSU fan!


On this one, I added a white snowbank (Stampin' Up Snowy White Velvet Sheets) and some polar bear die-cuts (Stampin' Up Snow Globe Dies, retired).


This one is for The Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge:  PP565.  I'm using foil (snowflakes on the gray paper), patterned paper and die-cuts.

The card base is created with Thick Basic White cardstock.  Trimmed 3/4" off the right edge and die-cut using Stampin' Up Scalloped Contours Dies.  Trimmed 1" off the right edge of the printed card front and die-cut.  Red & black checked patterns are from SU Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper (retired).


Stop back later this week for more ideas!




7 comments:

  1. I love these cards! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and serene, Pat! You can almost feel the stillness of a wintery woods. Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, I really love the cardinals! Beautiful card with such a warm country feel, I love it all! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful group of cards... I think the cardinals are my favorite. Beautiful, peaceful and perfect pops of color. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the red bird diecuts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a Stampin' Up die for the cardinals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. For everyone who has asked me about the cardinals, they are not a SU die, but a die made by Impression Obsession about 10 years ago. I'm not sure if they would still be available today. Thanks for your comments! Red bows would be cute too if you have that sort of die!

    ReplyDelete