Thursday, October 21, 2021

Tower Pinwheel Card with the Penguins

 

Here we go - the Tower Pinwheel Card may just be the funnest of all the fun folds!  Hmmm...is funnest a word?  If not it should be!

1st set of adjacent panels.  The polar bear is mounted on a 2" x 4" piece of embossed Shimmer Vellum.  The adjacent panel is a 2-1/2" x 4" piece of Basic White cardstock with a 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" piece of striped DSP.
2nd set of adjacent panels

3rd set of adjacent panels


The fourth panel provides a place to sign your card.

This version of the tower pinwheel card is sized to fit into a standard A2 envelope.  My friend Cindy sent me the directions along with cardstock for the base, the white panels and the embossed vellum.  I had a stack of penguins & polar bears already cut out on my desk, so with those and my Penguin Place stamp set, I started crafting with wild abandon!

Here are the measurements for the A2 Tower Pinwheel Card:

Fresh Freesia cardstock 4-1/4" x 4-3/4".  This is the card base used for scoring.  Score the long side at 1/2", 1", 1-1/2" & 2".
Fresh Freesia cardstock 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" (3 pieces).  
Designer Paper or cardstock of your choice - 4 pieces 2-1/2" x 4" and 4 pieces 2" x 4".  I used Shimmer Vellum (embossed), Basic White cardstock and Penguin Playmates DSP (retired).  


This is the card base.


Step 1 - assembling the card base (photo courtesy of Cindy Brown).


Step 2 - add the 3 pieces of 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" cardstock to the sides of the box (photo courtesy of Cindy Brown).

Step 3 - this is a top view of the card base fully assembled (photo courtesy of Cindy Brown).

I'm sharing my card with 2 fabulous Christmas challenge blogs - The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge (Anything Christmas Goes) and Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round (Something that starts with S and/or T).  My entry is a Tower Pinwheel with Snowflakes!

Decorating Tips:

Don't try to decorate the panels before assembling the card base.  Four of the panels are more narrow than the other four - this will become evident after the base is assembled.

Avoid using gems, pearls, bows, etc. if you want to fold this card for mailing!

Have fun with this - I know I did!


Product List









2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete