Thursday, October 14, 2021

Florals for Fall with a Fun Technique

It's no secret that I love flowers.  That's why I'm always drawn to floral stamp sets, especially Distinktive stamps.  They're amazing! 

 My gardens are ablaze with color right now - they're always the most beautiful right before the first frost.  It's the last hurrah before winter!


Did you snag the Delicate Dahlias stamp set during Sale-a-Bration?  I hope so, it's a fabulous set to have in your collection.  If you missed that set, try this technique with any solid floral image you have.


The Stamparatus is a must to get the two colors on the petals of the large flower.  I stamped it first in Bumblebee the added Calypso Coral to the edges of the petals with a sponge dauber.  Because the stamp and cardstock are held in place on the Stamparatus, you could add as many colors as you want and everything lines up perfectly!


I was inspired by my friend Beth Daniels, who sent me this picture of her card made with Delicate Dahlias:




I stamped the large center flower first, then created a mask for it with a Post-It note.  The leaves and smaller flowers are then stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade.


This fun fold is called a Side Fold or Book Fold.  The card base is 11" x 4-1/4", scored on the long side at 5-1/2" & 6-3/4".  The ribbon is secured inside the small section on the left then glued shut with liquid glue.  The images are stamped on a 3-7/8" square of Basic White cardstock and layered on a 4" square of Poppy Parade.


I had fun making these.  If you place an order with me in the month of October, you'll be seeing one of these in your mailbox!

Product List
Happy stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment