Thursday, September 2, 2021

Gratitude


Aren't these lovely?  I have a friend who's been through a rough patch lately and last weekend I invited her & her hubby to come to my home for dinner and an evening of relaxation.  I told her she didn't need to bring anything, but she just couldn't do it.  What a nice surpise!

Needless to say, I wanted to make her a special card to express my gratitude!

Recently I've become obsessed with ink blending.  The vertical stripe on this card was created using Blushing Bride at the top and blending into Calypso Coral on the bottom.  The secret to the smooth transition is Blending Brushes - love these things!  


Along with the Blending Brushes, I used Post-It Tape - this stuff is a gamechanger.  It stays stuck but peels off cleanly when you want it to.  I found this at Amazon.


Pro Tip:

Use grid paper to easily get your tape lines straight - no fussing or measuring with a ruler!




I used Light & Dark Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends to color the poppies and Dark Old Olive for the leaves.  The gold splotch is a stamp.  I inked it with Versamark, sprinkled it with Heat & Stick Powder, heat set it then added Gilded Leafing.


There's a sentiment stamp in the Peaceful Moments stamp set that says "You shouldn't have, but I'm glad you did"...I think it will be perfect inside this card!

I'm sharing my card at this week's Global Design Project challenge -


Product List
Have a great weekend!  Stop back next week to see what my team has been working on.







No comments:

Post a Comment