Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Quick & Easy Plus a Tip for Using Die-Cuts

 

How's this for a quick & beautiful card?  I love it when I find a Designer Paper that stands on its own.    I think it looks like Queen Anne's Lace - one of my favorite wildflowers.


Here's what the full 12 x 12 sheet looks like -

I cut the 12 x 12 paper into 6 - 4 x 6 pieces, then trimmed 3/4" off the short edge of each piece.  That 3/4" piece can then be used as an accent on the inside of your card!

I added a 1/4" strip of  Be Dazzling Specialty Paper to the left edge of the card for extra sparkle...

This paper and design can work for any occasion.  Did you notice I used the same die-cut with each sentiment?  But it's not quite the same...each label is a different length.  Here's how it's done:

Partial Die-Cutting Technique


This die is in the set of Seasonal Labels dies.


Repositioning the die is easy...you can feel when the cutting edge of the die aligns with the cuts already made on the cardstock.

I hope you can use this tip to get more use from your dies!  Thanks for visiting today, I appreciate it!


Product List




No comments:

Post a Comment