Thursday, August 8, 2019

Best Catch

Hello stampers & welcome to my blog!  Do you know someone who loves to fish?  This card is sure to bring a smile to their face.


It's fun to add a little watercolor to your cards!  Unlike coloring with Blends or markers, you can just let the color flow without trying to stay in the lines.  The fish was stamped on watercolor paper with Stazon ink.  Then I used 3 small acrylic blocks to pick up color off my ink pads and these became my palette.  The fish is colored in Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana & Calypso Coral.




Using an AquaPainter, I added color to the fish until I was happy with the look.  I tried to make him look somewhat realistic by keeping the color darker on his back and lighter on the belly.  For the cattails, I spread color randomly on the watercolor paper and cut them after it was completely dry.


The inside sentiment comes from the Perennial Birthday stamp set. 


The fishing net on the card front is from Sea of Textures and it's stamped in Soft Suede ink.  The fish seems to be jumping right off the card thanks to Stampin' Dimensionals!


Want to try this card?  Here are the products you'll need - click to learn more:
Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Did you miss the joining special last month?  It's not too late, you can still take advantage of this offer through the end of August!  To make it even better, if you join this month you can choose products from the 2019 Holiday Catalog to fill your Starter Kit!

Yup, that's right.  You can choose $155 in great Stampin' Up products for just $99 with free shipping including items in the 2019 Holiday Catalog!  That's an extra $30 beyond the everyday great deal, plus you'll get a $10 coupon to spend the following month.



Email me your questions about joining.  I won't pressure you into anything and I would love to have you join my team of fun stampers!



No comments:

Post a Comment