Thursday, February 7, 2019

Sending you Sunshine!

Winter has its icy grip on most of the country this month.  Everyone I talked to in the northern half of the country last week said “send me some Florida sunshine!”  This is the best I can do - if you were caught in the polar vortex, I hope it brings a smile to your face!


I used Beach Happy in combination with my Sunshine Wishes thinlits and Sunshine Sayings stamp set.  This is a perfect set to use with the Stamparatus stamp positioning tool, as it's a 2-step stamp set.  The beach chair & umbrella are stamped first in Tuxedo Black.  The bright colors on the umbrellas are a separate stamp, as are the striped chair seats.  So easy to position using the Stamparatus!

 I also used the "hinge-step technique" on this card - stamp the first chair, move the Stamparatus plate 2 hinges to the right and stamp again.  Repeat for the third chair.


The color gradient on "sunshine" was created by using a sponge dauber to add Grapefruit Grove ink to the bottom of the letters.  The sand was stamped in Crumb Cake using a stamp from the Waterfront set.  Gorgeous Grunge (retired) would also work well here.


My card has the fold on the left, rather than the top - cut your cardstock 4-1/4" x 11", score at 5-1/2".  The Pumpkin Pie layer is 4" x 5-1/2" and the Whisper White layer is 3-3/4" x 5-1/2.


Product List
Thanks for visiting today.  Take heart - spring is just around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment