Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sea of Textures

Happy Thursday!  I'm taking a break from seasonal projects this week to share a fun card using one of my favorite bundles, Sea of Textures.




Such a fun card!  Here's how the background was created:


Place a strip of 1" Delicate Surface Painter's Tape across each edge of the card front.  I like to use this because it won't damage the surface of the Whisper White cardstock when you pull it off.  Press the edges down firmly then using sponge daubers with a circular motion, add 3 colors.  On this one I used Soft Seafoam, Mint Macaron & Night of Navy.  After sponging, add some seaweed on each side of your underwater scene using Night of Navy, stamping twice before re-inking.


Peel off the Painter's Tape and you're ready to add your greeting.  I like to use the Stamparatus to position it perfectly where I want it.



This one was sponged with Highland Heather, Bermuda Bay & Coastal Cabana.  The seaweed is stamped in Bermuda Bay.  The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper seems to pick up the rest of the colors...beautiful!

The school of tiny fish was easy to attach using the Take Your Pick Tool.  I used a straight pin to place a dot of liquid glue where I wanted each fish to go, then picked them up with the tool and placed each one individually.


Which color combo is your favorite?


Product List
Thanks for visiting today!







No comments:

Post a Comment