Monday, October 8, 2018

Dashing Deer Christmas Card

Hi, Stampers!

Today I'm sharing my idea for a Christmas card created with the Dashing Deer Bundle.  Paired with Joyous Noel Designer Series Paper & Copper Foil, it's oh-so-elegant!



I'm entering this card in the Fab Friday 147 Sketch Challenge.  Here's the sketch that inspired my card:


Follow the link to see the gorgeous projects the Fab Friday designers have created!


I used Gray Granite for the card base.  It's a wonderful neutral shade of gray that complements most colors.  This and Crumb Cake are my go-to colors for neutrals.  The red on this card is Cherry Cobbler, a dark, rich shade of red.  I cut the Cherry Cobbler mat at 3" x 4-3/4" (slightly smaller than usual) to show off more of the beautiful gray card base.  The banner is 1-1/2" x 3", flagged at one end with the Triple Banner Punch.


The oval is stamped with Gray Granite & Cherry Cobbler.  "Season's Greetings" is from the Wishing You Well stamp set.  The deer is die-cut from Copper Foil.  I attached a few twists of Copper Metallic Thread to the back of the deer using a mini glue dot before adhering the deer to the card front with a few drops of Liquid Multipurpose Glue - only on the large, solid areas of the body.  I used a rolled-up mini glue dot behind the antlers to keep them from lifting up


The images and sentiments in this set are so pretty - I'm sure I'll be getting some good mileage from this bundle!


Product List



3 comments:

  1. SO elegant!The papers and font just look gorgeous together, and that deer die-cut is stunning. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! Love touches of copper foil, great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the paper with the deer and then the larger foil one! And the way you flipped the sketch really shows off all these beautiful elements. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete