Thursday, June 30, 2022

Sending Smiles Across the Miles

 


I totally cased this from Stampin' Up's Annual Catalog!

From the Stampin' Up! Designers, page 14 in the catalog.



When you struggle to come up with an idea, the catalog is a great way to get your creativity flowing!  


For the flowers, I inked the stamp with Fresh Freesia & then tapped the top half of the stamp on my Highland Heather stamp pad to get two colors on one stamp.  The stems & leaves are Granny Apple Green.  Some of the flowers are second generation (stamp once, then stamp again without re-inking).

Pro Tip:

If you try this card, stamp the flowers first and the stems second.  This way you can alter the height of each flower easily.  On my first attempt I stamped the stems first and my flowers all ended up in a straight line, not the look I wanted.


"Sending" is cut from Gorgeous Grape cardstock.  I used a piece of adhesive sheet on the back of my cardstock before cutting it to make this super easy to adhere.  See the dot above the "i"?  You'll want to have a good pair of tweezers, bright light and a little bit of patience for that :)

The piece behind the stamped panel is Fresh Freesia Shimmer Vellum (retired).  Any Designer Paper in Fresh Freesia would look good here!








1 comment: