Thursday, November 21, 2019

Merci Chocolate Treat Holder for Fall

Hi Friends, welcome!

Today I'm sharing a fun 3-D project for Fall.


This sweet little box holds four Merci chocolates!


I followed instructions shared by Julie DiMatteo (The Paper Pixie) for the basic box.  You can see her blog post with measurements and instructions here.  I designed a different closure for my box:


The triangles on the corners hold the front flap closed, which opens to reveal the chocolates:



Here are my instructions to make the corner closure:


1.  Cut Designer Paper 1-1/2" square and score on all sides at 3/8".

2.  Cut on the diagonal.

3.  Snip off the 2 corners that were cut in half in step 2.  Trim the remaining 2 corners into small tabs as shown.

4.  Fold on score lines and assemble corner triangles using liquid glue.  They are ready to attach to the assembled box using a thin line of liquid glue on the 3/8" sides.


My box is embellished with leaves & pumpkins from the Gather Together Bundle.  I used Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock & Mint Macaron accented with gleaming Copper Foil.


Product List
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment