Friday, May 18, 2018

Beautiful Bouquet for Graduation & Tips for Aligning Dies

Happy Friday!

Earlier this week I told you about my son graduating with his MBA - well, today is the day!  I'm hoping for sunny skies and 70 degrees, because the ceremony is at an outdoor amphitheater and rain or shine, the show must go on!

Eric's girlfriend is graduating today also, and this is the card I made for her.  I wanted this card to have a more feminine feel but still be in the school colors of gold & navy.  Instead of caps, gowns & stars, I made her a beautiful bouquet!



This is the same style card I made for a friend's birthday last week.  It is so much fun to put together!  I submitted my birthday card to last week's Global Design Project challenge and it was chosen as a winner!  You can find all the details and dimensions on that earlier post - click here.



The flowers are stamped in Crushed Curry & Berry Burst.  The different intensities of color are made by "stamping off" - stamping each image 2-3 times before re-inking your stamp.  The leaves and stems are cut from Lemon Lime Twist and the wrap on the stems is stamped in Crumb Cake.  The card base is made from So Saffron, a nice soft buttery-yellow.  The designer paper is part of the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper pack, which is retiring at the end of May.  


Did you know...


Some stamps with matching framelits have an alignment tab on them.  When you stamp them, make note of which direction the tab is pointing.  I always have it point to the top of the cardstock.  When you go to the Big Shot, place the tab on the matching framelit pointing the same direction and they will line up perfectly every time!



I really like this Triple Panel Standing Card fold.  It stands wonderfully to be displayed yet folds up neatly to fit in a standard envelope with no extra postage needed.




Product List


Retiring items like the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper are going fast.  Don't miss out on your favorites!  



Enjoy your crafting!  Thanks for stopping by today.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment