Sunday, October 1, 2023

Christmas Wreath Quilt Square - Five Ways

It's only September and  I've already finished most of my Christmas cards for this year.  Big yay!  Ever since I discovered how much I enjoy making quilt squares from paper, I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate them into my cards. 

I had so much fun designing this Christmas Wreath Quilt Square that I ended up making a bunch of them.  Here's how I used them to embellish my Christmas cards--


I kept this one pretty simple by mounting it on a brick "wall".  The embossing is done with a (retired) pine bough folder.


This one is a little more rustic.  The embossing was done with a gingham folder.  I like the addition of "Joy" in the middle, don't you?  


This one might be my favorite...


This diamond-fold really lends itself well to show off a quilt square!


This one uses a template from Robin Armbrecht called 4 Lovely Layers Template #19.  Such a great way to show off our beautiful designer papers!

I'm sharing this design at the Festive Friday card making challenge.  Green, sparkle & triangles are my elements.




Except for the diamond fold card, each of my cards (including the wreath) uses the gorgeous Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper.  This paper has been so popular that it is currently sold out, but scheduled to be back in stock the week of October 16.  Until then, try making your wreath with your favorite red & green designer papers in your stash! 

If you want to try your hand at making the Christmas Wreath Quilt Square, please click below to download the template and let me know how it turns out!



Product List











6 comments:

  1. All so gorgeous! Great combination of items from the Inspo List showcased on your cards. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. I love the fun fold and that fabulous quilt design. So glad you shared this beauty with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love the quilt block you created. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete