Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Abundant Beauty Masks for a Milestone Birthday

I wanted to share this card I made for a very special lady who's turning 95 this month.


My friend is amazing.  One of her favorite activities is making cards, so I hope she likes this one!



I used the Abundant Beauty Masks, Blending Brushes & Very Vanilla cardstock to create the sunflowers, then fussy-cut them.  Colors are Lemon Lolly, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie & Early Espresso.  The inside & outside sentiments are from a new stamp set called "So Sincere".  

The beautiful paper I used for the numbers and strip along the bottom is Oxidized Copper Specialty DSP.  


This fun fold is one of my favorites, the Double Z-Fold.  The base of the card is 4-1/4" x 11" (Daffodil Delight) scored at 2-3/4" & 5-1/2".  The band along the bottom is 11" x 1-1/4", scored at 5-1/2" & 2-3/4".  

The two patterned designer papers I used are retired, but you probably have some others that would be lovely on this card style!  The 2 yellow panels are 2-1/2" x 4" and the large brown panel is 5-1/4" x 4".  
The Oxidized Copper strips are 5-1/4" x 1" & 2-1/2" x 1" (2 pieces).

The trickiest part of the Double Z-Fold is fastening the band.  The long section of the band is glued to the short front section.  The easiest way to to apply liquid glue to the folded band, as that exposes only the sections that should have glue.  You'll want to fold the card closed while adhering the band in place.  Definitely have a "dry run" at it before applying glue.


Product List





No comments:

Post a Comment