Friday, April 22, 2022

Introducing...Orchid Oasis!

 We have five brand-new colors about to debut in my Stampin' Up! world on May 3.  Here's a little sneak peek at one of them - Orchid Oasis!

I bought this beautiful watercolor at a craft show recently.  The artist, Caren Gagne, had mounted it on an ivory card base.  I fell in love with her artwork, but I thought I could make it even better by changing it to a different card base.  I wish I had taken a photo of how it looked originally to illustrate what a difference the Orchid Oasis cardstock made.  Caren's artwork absolutely pops on this color!

For the inside I used images from an older set called Waterfront and stamped them in Orchid Oasis (stamped off once) and Pumpkin Pie.  The sailboat was stamped in black & die-cut.  After gluing it in place, I used Blender Pens with Orchid Oasis & Pumpkin Pie to color the white areas on the die-cut and make it blend nicely into the background.

Orchid Oasis will be available to purchase on May 3, along with 4 other fabulous new colors - Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide & Starry Sky!


Thanks for looking today!  Here are some of the products I used on this card that are currently available: 




No comments:

Post a Comment