Monday, October 14, 2019

Good Morning Magnolia - Thinking of You

Hi Friends,

The card I'm sharing today has a special embossing technique that I want to share with you.


This magnolia is stamped on Shimmery White cardstock in Soft Suede ink and watercolored.  Normally, you couldn't watercolor over Soft Suede ink because the water would cause it to run and bleed.  By using the Stamparatus, I can stamp the image in Soft Suede, then ink the image in Versamark and stamp on top of the Soft Suede with perfect alignment.  Then I simply sprinkle Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder over the image & set it with my Heat Tool.  The color shows through the clear embossing powder but it's sealed from the water.  How great is that?!  


This card is 5-1/4" square (cut Crumb Cake to 10-1/2" x 5-1/4" and score at 5-1/4").  The Crumb Cake top layer is 5" square.  The magnolia is colored using an Aqua Painter with a drop of Blushing Bride and a drop of Mossy Meadow ink.  I used my ink refills with a clear block as a palette.  After the watercolor dried I brushed the flower with Clear Wink of Stella.


I added 3 "smudgy" images from Artisan Textures just to give the background a little interest.  The magnolia is raised up with Black Stampin' Dimensionals.  I love these, especially with darker colors of cardstock they seem to just disappear!

Product List

Happy stamping,


No comments:

Post a Comment