Thursday, April 5, 2018

Bird Banter

Hey Crafty Friends,

I've been working on honing my coloring skills with my new Stampin' Blends.  I have to admit, coloring has never been my favorite thing, but the beautiful images I've seen colored with alcohol markers are so inspiring that I'm determined to get better at it!  Bird Banter seems like a good set to practice with - the images have a lot of opportunity to blend different colors together, plus these birds are stinkin' cute!



I really like the way this turned out.  I started coloring with the lighter marker of each color, added a little shading with the darker one, then went back over it with the lighter marker to blend it all together.  The Color Lifter has turned out to be my best friend - anyplace where I felt it was too dark or I wasn't happy with the blend, I just went over it with this little baby and fixed it right up.


Even in the close-up it doesn't look too bad!


I added two 1/2" strips of designer paper to the inside to match the card front.  Everything I used is listed below with the exception of the black & white striped paper which was from a retired paper stack.  I have a confession to make...this birthday card is for a friend and even though I didn't forget his birthday, I'm mailing this a couple of days late just so I can use this cute sentiment!  Is that wrong? LOL


Here's my envelope decoration.  I think I'll be making a lot more of these cards to have on hand.  It was fun to see the images come to life with color and the sentiments all bring a smile to your face!

Product List
Thanks for stopping by today,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment