Monday, May 15, 2017

Bundle of Love

Hi friends,

Today's share was created out of necessity.  I was invited to a baby shower and I don't have any "baby" stamp sets, so I needed to get creative and think out of the box!  I really like the way it turned out and I hope you do, too.



This card was really fun to make.  I used Whisper White and Mint Macaron cardstocks.  Mint Macaron is such a lovely, soft color for this card...I'm going to miss it when it retires as the end of May!



The decorations at the baby shower were teal and coral - that's Bermuda Bay & Calypso Coral in Stampin' Up language!  I really liked that color combination and it inspired a second card.  In addition to the Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral, I added So Saffron and Peekaboo Peach.  


Here are the directions for the original card.  Have fun changing up the colors to fit your needs!
The base is cut from Thick Whisper White.  The Mint Macaron mat is cut 4" x 5-1/4".  The layer on top of that is regular weight Whisper White, 3-3/4" x 5", embossed with the Falling Petals Embossing Folder.  "Bundle of" and "is on its way" are from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set, stamped on a 1/2" wide strip of Whisper White using Mint Macaron ink.


Now for the fun part!  I started with a 3" square piece of regular weight Whisper White.  Using Mint Macaron, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist & So Saffron, I sponged each color onto the cardstock using Sponge Daubers until I was happy with depth of the colors.  It looks a little messy while you're sponging, but the magic happens after it's die-cut.  And no two are ever exactly alike!

The heart shape and "love" are both part of the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits.


Sadly, the Falling Petals Embossing Folder and everything Mint Macaron will no longer be available after May 31 (or while supplies last).  Although Sunshine Sayings and the matching Sunshine Wishes Thinlits will be available in the next catalog, the special bundle pricing (save 10%) will not, so now is the best time to purchase them!  I hope you'll give this card a try, it's easy and a lot of fun to create!

Product List
Thanks for stopping by,
Pat


1 comment:

  1. What a great card! I will be giving this technique a try for sure, your heart is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete