Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thinking of You Flip-Flop Card

Hi Stampers,

Have you taken a close look at the six new "Just for Hosts" stamp sets in the new catalog?  They are gorgeous!  I had a play with one of my favorites, "Time of Year".  I'm going to get a lot of mileage from this set.  The main sentiment is Thinking of You, and you have your choice of banners to add to that for Christmas, Birthday, Always, or Time of Year.  Check it out here.

Here is one of the cards I designed using this set for my next Christmas card class.  There may be another name for it, but I call it a flip-flop card.  The designer paper is from last season, but if you don't have any left don't fret, as there is beautiful new Christmas designer paper in the annual catalog that would look great on this card.

Here is the front of the card:

It flips open to the right -

Then the left -
Revealing your greeting inside!

Here are the dimensions if you would like to make your own flip-flop card.  I've listed the Christmas colors I used for easy reference to the photos, but I would encourage you to experiment with your favorite colors!

Card base is Cherry Cobbler, 8 1/2" x 4 1/4",  score the long side at 3"
Crumb Cake mat 4" x 5 1/4"
Poinsettia DSP 3 3/4" x 5"
Striped DSP 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Old Olive 3" x 8", score at 4"
Very Vanilla 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" (cut 2 pieces)

Thanks for stopping by,
Pat







No comments:

Post a Comment