Monday, May 16, 2016

A Whole Lot of Lovely

Hi Stampers,

Happy Monday!  If you're reading this, I think you're a whole lot of lovely!  The stamp set that I'm playing with today is called A Whole Lot of Lovely, and it's available only to hosts - and only for two more weeks!  If you love it, there's still time - consider having a catalog party with friends and co-workers.  Or if you're like me and want it all, just place your own $150 order through my website.








Isn't it gorgeous?  I might have never put these colors together on my own, but I let the colors in the designer paper be my guide - and I love the results. The paper is leftover from my Sale-A-Bration goodies, it's called Wildflower Fields.  The colors I've used here are Lost Lagoon and Calypso Coral. Layering the sentiment on top of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper adds just the right amount of bling!



Do you ever have difficulty with stamps like this that are mostly solid images?  There are really only three variables here.  The stamp, the ink and the cardstock.  You need to start with a high quality stamp - forget the dollar bin at Michael's.  Your inkpad needs to be well-inked.  Too dry will result in a light, grainy image, but too juicy will fill in the areas that should not be inked.  See how crisp & clear this image looks?







Each letter is perfect.  The floral design is perfect.  Even those tiny dots are all clear!






The third variable I mentioned, the cardstock, may be the most important of all.  You need to use a high quality, smooth finish cardstock to get results like this.  Stampin' Up's Whisper White or Very Vanilla are perfect for this.  I did a test to show the difference - hopefully you can see this clearly in the photos:




Can you pick out the differences?  The Stampin' Up' cardstock stamped perfectly the first time.  I stamped the same image on the generic cardstock several times, and this was the best of the bunch.  See how the color is not as solid and the edges of the letters are fragmented?


If you've had issues in the past with solid image stamps, I hope you'll give it another try using these tips.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and excited when you see what a difference the right materials can make!









Thanks for stopping by!  If I can answer any questions or help you in any way, please leave me a message!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment