Monday, May 16, 2022

Inspired by a Card Challenge

 I always check out the weekly challenges from Festive Friday and this week I was totally inspired!   


The Design Team liked my card too...it was a Festive Friday Favorite!



I love the clean, crisp look of yellow & black together.  My card uses those colors, plus embossing and flowers.  The measurements for this Triple Flap Gatefold Card came from my friend Beth Daniels - thanks Beth!


Card base- Basic Black 8-1/2" x 5-1/2".  Score at 2-1/8" on the long side (See Pro Tip below!)
Inside of card - Basic White 4" x 5-1/4"
Designer Paper - 2" x 5-3/8" (cut 2)
Triple Flaps - Basic White 1-1/2" x 3-3/4" (cut 3)
Mat Behind Triple Flaps - Basic Black 1-5/8" x 3-7/8" (cut 3)

Pro Tip:

Score & fold the gatefold card base at 2-1/8".  Without scoring, fold the other side in so that the edges are perfectly aligned in the middle and score using a Bone Folder.  This assures you will never have a gap in the center of your gatefold card.


The flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight, stems & leaves are Pear Pizzazz and the flower centers are Early Espresso.  "Sending" is heat embossed in white on Basic Black cardstock and die-cut.  I use my Stamparatus (always!) to get the sentiment perfectly straight.



I love that Sending Smiles has so many different sentiments included, making this such a versatile stamp set!


Here's another version that uses some Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper (retired).  



Assembly Tips:

Stamp and layer the 3 panels together.  On the back of each panel, measure the center (about 1-7/8") and make a pencil mark.  The top & bottom panels get liquid glue on the left half.  Be careful to keep the glue about 1/4" away from your pencil mark.  Attach these 2 panels, centering them left & right.  Last, use liquid glue on the right half of the "Sending" panel and adhere it spaced equally between the other 2 panels.

I hope you will try this fun card!  Here are the supplies I used --










4 comments:

  1. So glad you were inspired by our challenge this week Pat! Love your fun fold and a clever way to showcase your flowers (they remind me of black-eyed Susans) and that wonderful diecut sentiment.Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun fold, Pat! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Blessings, Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! This is one of my favourite bundles from the new catalogue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Looks like a fun fold!

    ReplyDelete