Thursday, January 18, 2018

Color Inspiration

Hi Friends,

It's been a while since I've shared anything...I hope you are doing well in the new year!  For most of us, the doldrums of winter have set in.  A white Christmas is one thing, but after December 25, who needs it?  My latest project will have you thinking Spring!  What do you think of these colors?


Often times people ask me how I choose colors on my projects.  I find color inspiration most often when I'm shopping!  I might see a throw pillow, or an upholstered chair with colors that spark my creativity.  For this particular card, I was trying to emulate the colors in my bed quilt.



I think I came pretty close here.  My colors are Pool Party, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Lemon-Lime Twist and Whisper White.  The stamp set is Oh, So Eclectic (one of my faves!) with the matching Eclectic Layers Thinlits.  The "thank you" is part of the One Big Meaning stamp set.


A little gold glimmer paper gives my card it's bling.  The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink because I wanted it just a big darker than Soft Suede.  The bottom layer of the Pool Party flower is actually stamped in Soft Sky for more contrast with the Pool Party die-cut.


These are on the way to all my customers who ordered from me last month.  You are the best!

Product List
Thanks for stopping by,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment