Saturday, November 18, 2017

More Gift Packaging Ideas

Hi Friends,

I have another gift packaging project to share with you and I love the way this one turned out.  It's a tall box  made with the Gift Bag Punch Board.  I call it my Santa's Chimney Box, I think you'll see why!


This is a big box, 6" x 3" x 2" deep.  I designed it to hold a large Christmas ornament.  The red chimney top is a lid that lifts off.  Here are the dimensions:


Starting with an 11" x 7-1/4" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, the directions are the same as for the smaller boxes I showed in my last post - see it here.  The only difference is this box does not have flaps to close the top, so you will only punch & score along one edge of the cardstock, as shown here.


The chimney top lid is created from a piece of 6-1/4" x 5-1/8" Real Red cardstock, scored and trimmed as shown here.  


To embellish this box, I used the brick patterned Decorative Mask & Embossing paste on the front of the box before it was assembled.  A 2" strip of Pool Party cardstock is flagged at one end using the triple banner punch and embossed with the folder of your choice.  Here I used a retired pattern called Northern Flurry.  The jolly Santa is part of the Home for Christmas designer paper pack (retired), layered on top of a Real Red Scalloped Circle, which is on top of a Gold Foil Snowflake. These 3 pieces are adhered together with Fast Fuse & attached to the flagged banner with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The box lid is wrapped with Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon. The ribbon seam is hidden behind a wooden Snowflake Element (retired) adorned with a Gold Faceted Gem & a strip of Gold Sequin Trim.  

This box makes a beautiful presentation for an ornament exchange!  It would also be a good size for socks, gloves, scarves, or other similar lightweight gifts.

Here are the links to purchase the currently available products I used on this project.  I hope you like it, and thank you for shopping with me!

Product List

Creatively,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment