Saturday, September 30, 2017

Oh Joy for #GDP106

Hi, Friends!

Today once again I'm playing along with Global Design Project's sketch challenge - #GDP106.  Here's my take on this week's sketch:




And here is the sketch that inspired it:



I love the balance on this design - circle element offset to the right, banner to the left - everything about it just works.  I used two of the papers in the Be Merry Designer Series Paper on a Crumb Cake card base.  Love those red & white stripes - I wish I could get an entire stack of only that design but sadly, there are only two sheets in the pack.  I'm making the most of them, though!


The focal point of my card uses one of the beautiful stamps from Watercolor Christmas.  This is one of those stamp sets that tends to get overlooked in the catalog.  It's featured along with the Watercolor Christmas card kit, but stands on its own too.  Simple but elegant, the beautiful ribbon-like script font is a standout!


The cute little reindeer comes from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set in the annual catalog. This was my favorite stamp set from the 2015 Holiday Catalog and I still go back to it over & over. She's stamped with Archival Black on Crumb Cake and punched out with the Cookie Cutter punch.  Her hair bow (fur bow?) is done in Cherry Cobbler.

A single Black Rhinestone Jewel dots the "j" and a simple bow of linen thread completes my card.  I can envision a lot of different ways to make this card using the circle element and the reindeer.  What ideas do you have?  I hope you'll try some & share them with me!


Please visit the Global Design Project website to see all of the other great entries for this sketch.  Click on any of the products shown here to purchase supplies at my website.  I greatly appreciate your support!

Product List
Creatively,
Pat









No comments:

Post a Comment