Thursday, July 14, 2016

From Land to Sea Shaker Card

Hi Stampers!

I had a request this week to create a special "under the sea" themed card for a 40th birthday.  I love special requests - gets the creative juices flowing!  I designed this shaker card using only three colors but five different stamp sets, what fun I had making it!


Can you name the five stamp sets I used?  (Answer at the end of this post!)

The three colors are Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky and Perfect Plum!  The front of the card is created from Soft Sky cardstock, although it photographed much lighter than it actually is.  The two lighter colored sea turtles are stamped in Soft Sky and the spatters are Bermuda Bay.  The sea fan is stamped in Versamark & heat set with clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged Bermuda Bay & Perfect Plum over top of it - this technique is called "emboss resist" because the embossing powder resists picking up the ink.  The main sea turtle is stamped in Perfect Plum on Bermuda Bay cardstock.

I found some iridescent sequins at my local craft store that I really like because they pick up the other colors.  In addition to those I separated some from my reel of Bermuda Bay sequin trim and also found some matching seed beads at the craft store.

I hope you like this!  Everyone loves shaker cards - they're as much fun to make as they are to receive!

Here are the five stamp sets:  From Land to Sea, Gorgeous Grunge, Time of Year (hostess only), By the Tide (retired), and Mixed Borders.  OK, it was a trick question because Mixed Borders is on the inside of the card for the greeting!  Even though By the Tide is retired, the sea fan could be replaced by the jellyfish that's included with the From Land to Sea set.


Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

1 comment: