Thursday, December 6, 2018

Let your Designer Papers Shine!

I don't think I'm a paper hoarder, but I do have a lot of beautiful designer papers I don't use enough of, so today I'm sharing a project that lets some of them shine!


This card and coordinating gift bag uses one 12" x 12" sheet of DSP with about a 9" x 6" piece leftover.  The greetings from Timeless Tidings are stamped in Tranquil Tide & Real Red.

I'm playing along with the theme challenge at Global Design Project this week - Tis the Season!




The bag is created using the Gift Bag Punch Board.  I used a 6" x 11" piece of designer paper and followed the instructions included with the Punch Board to make a medium sized bag.  The Real Red ribbon is 19" long.  The circle is die-cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and there is a 2"circle of Tranquil Tide behind it.  I used the Sprig Punch with Red Glimmer Paper to add some holiday sparkle!  The Red Glimmer Paper is retired, but remember, I'm trying to use up my paper stash!  It is still available in other gorgeous colors, though.



The coordinating card uses a 2-3/4" x 5-1/2" piece of the same DSP.  I used a 1/2" strip of Red Glimmer Paper to separate the designer paper from the Tranquil Tide card base.  I had a 1" strip of the DSP that I cut off the full sheet so I cut a 5" length from that, flagged both ends and used it as another layer behind the sentiment.  Two more sprigs & three more Red Rhinestone Jewels add the finishing touches.  On the inside of the card I added a Whisper White panel and stamped Merry Christmas & Happy New Year in Tranquil Tide.

This would be a great design for mass producing Christmas cards in a hurry.  All you need is some beautiful designer paper and one coordinating cardstock color plus one ink.  If you don't have Glimmer Paper, try using Foil Sheets or Washi Tape for the 1/2" strip and punch the sprigs from a contrasting cardstock.


Product List





No comments:

Post a Comment