Sunday, March 26, 2017

Make It Masculine

Hi Stampers,

"I need a card for a guy," she said.  Huh?  You want me to make a card without glitter or flowers?  Impossible!  You need to understand, I struggle with cards for the guys.  I'm much more comfortable working with soft colors and flowers than with "manly" colors and images.  So when a customer asked me to create a card for her grandson, I got a little nervous.  Quite honestly, I never really paid much attention to "Best Guy Ever" in the Suite Sentiments set, but that's what she asked for.

After a little Pinterest "research", ideas started forming and once I got started, I couldn't stop!


This is the first card I designed, and I couldn't be more pleased with it.  Incidentally, this is the one my customer chose from the three that I showed her.

The combination of Smoky Slate, Night of Navy and Whisper White is stunning.  Throw in a dash of Peekaboo Peach and Watermelon Wonder, and you have winner!  The designer paper is a Sale-a-Bration freebie called Carried Away (#143608).


Stamps and die-cuts are from the Lift Me Up Bundle.  All the balloons are stamped in Night of Navy ink.  I cut the circle from the DSP using a my Stitched Shapes Framelits.


Three Metallic Enamel Shapes frame BEST. GUY. EVER.

Only a few more days until Sale-a-Bration is over until next year...March 31 is your last chance to get any of the great free items including the Carried Away Designer Series Paper.  Don't wait - once they're gone, they're gone forever!

Happy stamping,
Pat


1 comment: