Monday, July 4, 2016

Adventure Awaits

Hi Stampers,

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  We enjoyed spending time with friends at cookouts and campfires.  Life is good!

My youngest son is off on another adventure, and I was inspired to create a card for him:


The stamp set is called Places You'll Go and I love all of the sentiments that go along with the images.
I was really pleased with the way the globe turned out.  I started by spritzing water on a piece of watercolor paper.  Then I used my Aqua Painter to drip some Dapper Denim ink in the areas that would be ocean on the globe.  I let that dry a few minutes then went back and did the same thing with Lost Lagoon ink in the areas that would be land.  After both colors were dry, I stamped the globe image on top of the watercoloring in Smoky Slate, then added the sentiment in Memento Black.  I cut it out with my 2" circle die and added an enamel heart in Dapper Denim.  The base of the card is made from Dapper Denim.  The banner is Sahara Sand, embellished with a piece of Linen Thread.  The designer papers are from a stack called Going Places, which was in the 2016 Occasions catalog.  A 1/8" stripe of Silver Foil Sheet separates the black designer paper from the Dapper Denim cardstock.

I hope you're inspired to create a special card for someone you know who is going on an adventure.

Happy stamping!
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment