Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunset Balloon Ride

Good Monday Morning!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Mine was very relaxing - a little bike riding, a little crafting, just enjoying the beautiful weather we're having (finally!)

A couple of weeks ago I got the Celebrate Today stamp set and I've been anxious to play with it.  I'm pretty pleased with my first project, I hope you like it!  A hot air balloon ride at sunset is on my bucket list and this is how I imagine it will be...




My card base is Whisper White, the mat is Night of Navy and the scene was created on Whisper White.  I started by stamping the stars in the sky using Versamark & embossing them with clear embossing powder. Then I created a mask using the Circles Collection Framelits and sponged it with Calypso Coral. Next I removed the mask and started sponging the sky, working upward, in this order: Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy. The clouds are from Work of Art, using Elegant Eggplant stamped off once. The trees are from Lovely as a Tree, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.  The basket on the balloon is also Tuxedo Black. The sentiment and stars on the balloon are stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold on Night of Navy cs.  I then cut out the balloon using the Balloon Framelits Dies and adhered it to the card front.  I finished the card with a sprinkle of sequins from the Brights Sequin Assortment, just because I like the effect.  This card was a lot of fun to make and I'm sure I'll be using this stamp set often!

Happy Stamping,
Pat

1 comment: